Kitty thoughts

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

March 01, 2006

Yesterday we went out to a really nice place (not too many of those here...). As we were sitting there, enjoying our Irish Coffee and the sight, talking and planning the weekend, all of a sudden a national interrupted our evening. He was soundly drunk (I thought drinking alcohol is considered to be haram and brings you straight to hell but ok...). Maybe 22-24 years of age, in the traditional dress. The last person you would suppose to be drunk and rampage. He was calling the bartender names, in his poor English using maybe 5 words of the kind I'd never use. Respect to that bartender, he was bearing all the insults without hitting that jerk. Being him after 5 minutes I would even have killed that guy. Some rotten spoilt brat who has money without having to do anything for it, drunk as a skunk, offending people who are far more than him, in a way that jerk did, there is absolutely no excuse for that. As he started to get more and more out of control (= assaulting the bartender and everyone around him) in order to prevent an escalation of the fight they had to call the security who kicked him out through the back door.

Wow. I have never experienced things like that. Usually it's like if one gets drunk the security is already there to usher them out. But the bartenders also have the right to refuse to serve guests who are obviously losing their self-control. And the ones who are already drunk or just obviously do not fit in that environment aren't even allowed to enter. That's how things go at the places I'm used to. Now this is really weird. Here at the bar of a 4/5-stars hotel they must let in everyone.

Talking about stars hotels and their services. We were at the italian restaurants of one of those 4-star hotels for a dinner. First I thought wow, now that's gonna be a really nice, elegant evening. Well, sure, if you like to dine at a place where 75% of the guests is sitting around in T-shirts, shorts, baggy clothes, mobile phones ringing all the time. All in one, though the food was good, it was just another 2nd class village restaurant, the sort we have loads of back at home. Considering this was one of the better ones here I really do not wish to try one of the common ones. Reading the newspaper you learn every day they closed this or that restaurant for lack of hygiene (rodents, insects etc. but then hey, that's additional protein to your food, and the germs just train and strenghten your immune system...). Actually I don't wonder too much about it. They wash the dishes with plain water. Cleaning agents, germs, viruses, bacteria - foreign words for them. Thinking back of us laughing at the Taverna how ordinary and average it is and comparing it to the places here I can just say that the Taverna deserves at least 6 stars if not more.

Dear Sz. and T., can't wait to be there again with you and go out to our favourite places. I promise as soon as I get there I won't even pack my things out and we off go (first to Taverna of course...). And what I particularly wish for - as it's getting warmer and warmer by every day - it's Tichy's. M., can't you please FedEx me one of that Waldbeeren-Yoghurt-Eis-Becher? Or you just order one and I fly back to Vienna to eat it ;) Guys, I miss you all so much here but soon enough I'll can be back. Have a nice day, my dear friends!

Posted by Sunshine Kitty :: 10:58 am :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------