Kitty thoughts

Sunday, March 26, 2006

March 26, 2004

So here I am again, blogging, most probably because I am so tired and bored today. Anyways, I had a nice weekend, though it didn't start that nice at all. But it's the result that counts so I'm very satisfied with it. We went to a party at the Hungarian embassy. It was kinda celebrating the Hungarian National Day which was on March 15 - the day spent at Hamad Hospital, how could I ever forget (!!!) but the ambassador was not in Qatar by that time so the party was delayed...

However, before the party we had to stop at Hamad to pick up the test results (wow, they needed just 9 days for that!) to learn that yes, there really was something wrong with me and that I should have taken antibiotics. But as the test was made over a week ago they were not sure if the situation with me has changed and wanted new tests. Oh yeah, sure, forget about it, I have better things to do at my weekend! So I just told them "No, thanks, I'm feeling really fine now, absolutely no problems, really", though he had to add that that's not really 100% true. Come on, I'm not crazy!!! I want to go to the party and not spend my whole day at Hamad again!!! So he was listening carefully to every word the doctor said just to practice it at home. Meaning a special diet for me. Protecting me even from the wind. Mmmm... I find it somehow very romantic and touching... though some things are really hard. No more coffee!!! Not even capuccino!!! Gotta drink looooooots of water!!!

Doha is a very special city. There are hardly any useful road signs so you are basically just driving and driving following your friends instructions (at the I roundabout left then 3rd right then right and right again and left...). Places are hard to find here, especially embassies. But as clever as my dearest is he found the embassy part very quickly. Our problem was now just to find the Hungarian one which turned out to be a real challenge. We were driving up and down along all possible embassies for at least half an hour when my boss called him asking where we are? Ehm, yes boss, we are... ehm... somewhere.. ehm... in the desert... some embassies around us... just about to find the right one... ehm... Lucky to have such a nice boss, he kindly navigated us to the right embassy. Right at the entrance we met I. and her hubby G. (lebanese.... kinda suspicious how many hungarian women have lebanese husbands?). After some small talk hop hop mix and mingle with the others, meeting the other I. (now this is funny, having 2 friends with the same name), being introduced to many others, finding out the wives of the lebanese all speak arabic (at least marhaba, keefak?... note to the kitty: LEARN LEBANESE!!!). At the end, when it was getting dark and really cold we decided to go home but no way, my boss' lil daughter L. discovered me there and jumped into my arms. She's a real cutie!!! And she really seems to like me a lot!!! She was so happy seeing me again that I could even put her down (breaking my back...), so I introduced her to my R. and he kindly took her from me (my back thanks you a million times my dear!). She was so much delighted meeting us that she wouldn't let us go, fooling and playing with us all the time. Ever played football in high heels? Wow, what an experience... yet I wouldn't advice anyone to try it... Seeing him playing with her made me smile. It was such a wonderful sight, as if she was his daughter. I'm sure one day he will be the best father ever, even if he would never admit it. He's was simply perfect that day... made me realize why and how much a love him and what he means to me.

Mmmm, gotta go home and rest a bit, before today's shopping tour! I'm getting new clothes!!! Woohoo!!!

Posted by Sunshine Kitty :: 3:31 pm :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------